The F2 Carbon in its standard form is as close to a factory race bike as a helmet can get. Carbon fiber, Kevlar® shell construction, Multi-directional Impact Protection System (MIPS®), and Coolmax® interior are a few of its impressive features. Used by top FLY racers Trey Canard, Davi Millsaps, Blake Baggett and Weston Peick the F2 is race ready
• SNELL 2015
• MIPS® Brain Protection System is a helmet – integrated, low-friction layer designed to reduce rotational motion transferred to the brain from angled impacts to the head
• Carbon fiber and Kevlar® composite shell
• Dual density EPS liner
• Custom rubber trim with integrated nose guard
• Lightweight machined aluminum visor screws and stainless steel rivets and D-rings
• 3 shells and 4 EPS sizes for a precise fit
COMFORT / LINER
• Coolmax® comfort liner & cheek pads
• Removable and washable interior
• Multi-port air induction cooling system includes 10 intake and 4 exhaust vents
• High-Flow ventilation system aligns the comfort liner and EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) to maximize airflow
• Quad-vent above goggle eye port draws air from goggle to reduce fogging
WHAT DOES MIPS® DO?
The MIPS Brain Protection System is designed to reduce rotational motion transferred to the brain from angled impacts to the head. Brain injuries originate not only from direct impacts to the head, but also from rotational forces resulting from impacts occurring at an angle. The MIPS technology is scientifically proven to reduce rotational motion by absorbing and redirecting rotational energies and forces transferred to the brain from angled impacts to the head.
HOW DOES MIPS® WORK?
MIPS works by installing a thin (0.5–0.7 mm), ventilated, custom cut low-friction layer inside the helmet liner. The layer is held in place by an assemblage of composite anchors that flex in all directions. These anchors hold the layer in place, around the head, but provide a small movement in response to angled impact.