THE BEAST is not about mincing words or pulling punches. Blunt, brutal and extreme – there is nothing tame about this hyper-naked bike. With an updated design, mega powerful 1301 cc V-twin engine and exceptional all-round handling, the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R commands respect.
• Advanced 1,301cc LC8 V-Twin sets the standard in the naked segment in terms of horsepower and torque.
• Ultra-lightweight chrome-molybdenum steel trellis frame with bolt-on rear trellis subframe is light yet strong.
• 48mm USD split front forks by WP suspension with separate damping circuits offer composed handling on and off the track. Rebound and compression damping are adjustable.
• Fully-adjustable WP shock absorber balances the chassis with high speed composure.
• Metzeler M7RR super sport tires for high levels of grip and handling.
• MSC (Motorcycle Stability Control) with Cornering ABS by Bosch incl. Supermoto mode, Ride mode technology and multi-stage, lean angle sensitive Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC)
• Optional dealer-installed Performance Pack combines Motor Slip Regulation (MSR), Quickshifter+.
• KTM MY RIDE comes as standard and features a Bluetooth connection to the rider’s smart phone to control audio playback and to accept phone calls.
• Optional dealer-installed competition closed course only Track Pack with ‘Track’ ride mode which allows 3 Drive Modes, Anti-wheelie off, TC slip adjust and Launch control.
• Resonator chambers placed on the cylinder head for smoother power at low RPM.
• High compression ratio of 13.6:1 thanks to the flat design of machined titanium inlet valves with chromium nitride coating.
• LED headlight and LED daytime running lights for an aggressive front profile.
• Multi-functional TFT-dashboard displays all important information in a clear and bright display.
• Cruise control for long distance convenience.
• KTM RACE ON keyless system for less hassle and security.
ENGINE TYPE: 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V 75°
DISPLACEMENT: 1,301 cc
BORE / STROKE: 108 / 71 mm
POWER: 130 kW (177 hp) @ 9.750 rpm
TORQUE: 141 Nm @ 7,000 rpm
COMPRESSION RATIO: 13.6:1
STARTER / BATTERY: Electric starter / 12V 12Ah
TRANSMISSION: 6 gears
FUEL SYSTEM: Keihin EFI (throttle body 56 mm)
CONTROL: 8 V / DOHC
LUBRICATION: Pressure lubrication with 3 Eaton pumps
ENGINE OIL: Motorex, SAE 10W-50
PRIMARY DRIVE: 40:76
FINAL DRIVE: 17:38
COOLING: Liquid cooling
CLUTCH: PASC™ slipper clutch, hydraulically operated
ENGINE MANAGEMENT / IGNITION: Keihin EMS with RBW and cruise control, double ignition
TRACTION CONTROL: MTC (3-mode, disengageable, ‘Track’ mode opt.)
FRAME: Chromium-molybdenum-steel trellis frame, powder coated
SUBFRAME: Chromium-molybdenum-steel trellis, powder coated
HANDLEBAR: Aluminum, tapered, Ø 28 / 22 mm
FRONT SUSPENSION: WP-USD Ø 48 mm
REAR SUSPENSION: WP shock absorber
SUSPENSION TRAVEL FRONT / REAR: 125 / 156 mm
FRONT BRAKE: 2 × Brembo Monobloc four piston, radially mounted caliper, brake disc Ø 320 mm
REAR BRAKE: Brembo two piston, fixed caliper, brake disc Ø 240 mm
ABS: Bosch 9.1MP Two Channel (incl. supermoto mode, disengageable)
WHEELS FRONT / REAR: Cast aluminum wheels 3.50 × 17″; 6.00 × 17″
TIRES FRONT / REAR: 120/70 ZR 17; 190/55 ZR 17
CHAIN: DID 525 5/8 × 5/16″
SILENCER: Stainless steel primary and aluminum secondary silencer
STEERING HEAD ANGLE: 65,1°
TRAIL: 107 mm
WHEEL BASE: 1,482 mm
GROUND CLEARANCE: 141 mm
SEAT HEIGHT: 835 mm
FUEL TANK CAPACITY: approx. 18 liters / 3.6 liters reserve
DRY WEIGHT: approx. 429.9 LBS