For 2018 the KTM RC 390 offers a host of features that confirm the READY TO RACE nature of this single-cylinder supersport machine. Thanks to engineering like vertically stacked gearbox shafts, the sophisticated DOHC single of the KTM RC 390 is extremely compact and weighs in at a mere 79lbs. With its four-valve cylinder head with DLC-coated finger followers, dry-sump lubrication with crankcase evacuation, and three-way catalytic converter, it has all it needs to combine 44 hp of maximum power with impressive refinement, extreme reliability and class-leading performance. A PASC slipper clutch keeps the rear end in line while the 320 mm front brake rotor hauls the RC 390 down from speed with impressive bite and power. There is no question the RC 390 is the only choice for those looking for the most performance out of a smaller sportsport mount.
2018 RC 390 Highlights
- An Extremely powerful single cylinder, four-stroke DOHC engine, Bosch electronic fuel injection, 3-way catalytic converter puts out 44 hp.
- Ultra-light trellis frame, extremely light-weight die-cast aluminum swing arm is directly linked to a WP Monoshock for extreme torsional stiffness for outstanding stability.
- High-quality 43 mm USD front forks from WP Suspension for complete control.
- Powerful braking system developed in cooperation with Brembo with a new 320 mm front brake disc and dis-engageable ABS.
- New adjustable levers allow for proper reach for a variety of hand sizes.
- Comprehensive multi-functional dashboard communicates the essential information to the rider with a built-in shift light.
- Especially grippy Metzeler Sportec M5 interact tires in sport dimensions (110/70ZR17 front, 150/60ZR17 rear) offer sporty performance.
- Integrated passenger seat give the RC 390 a sharp look while accommodating a passenger.
- The colors and graphics enhance the unique supersport looks that can only come from KTM.
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke, DOHC
Displacement: 373.2 cc
Bore/Stroke: 89/60 mm
Starter: Electric; 12V 8Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears
Fuel System: Bosch EFI, 46 mm Throttle Body
Lubrication: Semi Dry Sump
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: PASC Slipper Clutch, Mechanically Operated
Ignition: Bosch EMS with Ride-By-Wire
Frame: Steel Trellis
Handlebar: Steel Clip-on Handlebars
Front Suspension: WP USD Ø 43 mm
Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 125 mm/4.9 in; 150 mm/5.9 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 320 mm/230 mm
Front/Rear Wheels: Cast Aluminum 3.00 x 17”, 4.00 x 17”
Front/Rear Tires: 110/70ZR17”; 150/60ZR17”
Steering Head Angle: 23.5º
Wheelbase: 1,340mm ± 15 mm / 52.8 ± 0.6 in
Ground Clearance: 178.5 mm / 7 in
Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.9 in
Tank Capacity: 10 L / 2.6 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 147 kg/ 324.1 lbs