Two decades ago, the original DUKE was nothing short of revolutionary. KTM’s first single-cylinder street bike grew into a cult classic, adding extreme fun to a raw and radical concept. The 2017 KTM 690 DUKE stays faithful to its ancestor’s ways but boasts impressive smoothness, sophisticated electronics, comfortable ergonomics and an unbelievably powerful single cylinder powerplant producing 74 hp. This firmly cements the world’s strongest single-cylinder production motorcycle at the cutting edge of engineering. A taut chassis matched to WP Suspension devours corners like nothing else on the road. Long live the DUKE!
LEAN INTO 2018 PROMOTION
Payments As Low As $130.72/MO
$8,999 MSRP. 15% down. $7,649.15 financed (0.99% APR) over 60 months on KTM/Synchrony Instalment Loan Account. Participating Dealers. Offer valid from 2/1/18 to 5/31/18.* Rate of 0.99% or 12.99% will be assigned. Example: A 60-month term of a $7,649.15 purchase, and 0.99% rate requires monthly payments of $130.72; and a 12.99% rate requires payments of $174.00. Program minimum amount financed is $2,500 and 0%-10% down payment required. Rate and down payment based on credit approval criteria. 15% down payment is required to obtain advertised monthly payment of $130.72.Offer subject to credit approval by Synchrony Bank.
- The most powerful LC4 ever created with 73 hp and 52 ft-lb of torque.
- Compact cylinder head with integrated second balancer shaft for reduced vibration and unbelievable smoothness.
- Mode selection switch allows for changing between riding modes when the optional Track Pack is installed – Street as standard, Sport and Rain are included in the Track Pack.
- Light-sensitive full-color TFT digital dash display gives the rider all the information on a clear and bright display.
- A chrome-moly trellis frame mated to high-quality WP Suspension gives the 690 DUKE sharp and lively handling.
- Bosch 9M+ two-channel ABS give the utmost confidence on the brakes in less-than-perfect traction situations.
- Traction Control (MTC) and Motor Slip Regulation (MSR) are also included in the optional Track Pack.
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke, SOHC
Displacement: 690 cc
Bore/Stroke: 105/80 mm
Starter: Electric; 12V 8.6Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 50 mm Throttle Body
Lubrication: Pressure Lubrication, Two Oil Pumps
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: APTC Slipper Clutch, Hydraulically Operated
Ignition: Keihin EMS with Ride-By-Wire, Dual Ignition
Frame: Chrome-moly Steel Trellis
Subframe: Aluminum, Powder Coated
Handlebar: Aluminum, Tapered, Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP USD Ø 43 mm
Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock with Pro-Lever Linkage
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 135 mm/5.3 in, 135 mm/5.3 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 320 mm/240 mm
Front/Rear Rims: 3.50 x 17”, 5.00 x 17”
Front/Rear Tires: 120/70ZR17”, 160/60ZR17”
Steering Head Angle: 26.5º
Wheelbase: 1,466 mm ± 10 mm/57.7 ± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 192 mm/7.6 in
Seat Height: 835 mm/32.9 in
Tank Capacity: 14 L/3.7 gal
Weight (without fuel): Approx. 148.5 kg/327.4 lbs