The KTM 390 DUKE has big features in a smaller package. Aggressive styling proclaims that the 390 DUKE is a READY TO RACE naked motorcycle with performance and handling to back it up. The bodywork is sharp and modern with a slammed, predatory stance. Up font a LED headlight and bright, full-color TFT digital dash boast features not found in this class of motorcycle. At the rear the exposed bolt-on subframe sits below the redesigned seat and pillion. A form-fitting 3.5 gallon steel fuel tank increases the 390 DUKE’s range.
Underneath the aggressive look, a compact DOHC 373cc single pumps out class-leading power and torque for a ride that only a DUKE can provide. Putting the power to the ground is smooth and controllable thanks to the ride-by-wire throttle. That power combined with a steel trellis frame, a 43mm WP upside-down fork and a larger, more powerful 320mm front brake rotor take the ride to the next level. The 2018 KTM 390 DUKE is truly a corner rocket.
2018 390 DUKE Highlights
- Extremely powerful single cylinder, 4-stroke, 373.2 cc DOHC engine, electronic fuel injection, 3-way catalytic converter and balancer shaft, slipper clutch and now with ride-by-wire for a smoother and more refined response.
- Ultralight trellis frame now features a bolt-on rear subframe in contrasting colors.
- Top quality 43 mm open-cartridge front forks by WP Suspension for excellent response and stability.
- Powerful brake system developed in cooperation with Brembo features a large, 320 mm front brake disc for increased stopping power and feel.
- Sharp aggressive styling runs from the front to the rear for a look that is pure DUKE.
- LED headlight and LED daytime running lights.
- Multifunctional dashboard with full-color TFT display is bright and clear.
- KTM MY RIDE allows for Bluetooth connection to control incoming calls and audio player through the full color TFT display .
- Adjustable levers allow for proper reach for a variety of hand sizes.
- A large steel tank steel tank gives the 390 DUKE a fuel capacity of 3.5 gallons.
- Side-mounted exhaust system for increased cornering clearance and style.
Engine Type: 2-Cylinder, 4-Stroke, 75° V-Twin, DOHC
Displacement: 373.2 cc
Bore/Stroke: 89/60 mm
Starter: Electric; 12V 8Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears
Fuel System: Bosch EFI, 46 mm Throttle Body
Lubrication: Semi Dry Sump
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: PASC Slipper Clutch, Mechanically Operated
Ignition: Bosch EMS with Ride-By-Wire
Frame: Steel Trellis
Subframe: Steel Trellis
Handlebar: Steel, Tapered, Ø 26/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP USD Ø 43 mm
Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 142 mm/5.6 in; 150 mm/5.9 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 320 mm/230 mm
Front/Rear Wheels: 3.00 x 17”, 4.00 x 17”
Front/Rear Tires: 110/70ZR17”; 150/60ZR17”
Steering Head Angle: 24º
Wheelbase: 1,357mm ± 15 mm / 53.4 ± 0.6 in
Ground Clearance: 185 mm / 7.3 in
Seat Height: 830 mm / 32.7 in
Tank Capacity: 13.4 L / 3.5 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 149 kg/ 328.5 lbs