The KTM 1090 ADVENTURE R stares down anything in its path. As the purest offroad travel-enduro, the 1090 ADVENTURE R has been created to excel when the pavement ends. Fully adjustable WP suspension, offroad wheels and a tough yet fuel-efficient engine are READY TO RACE. Decades of rally raid victories roar within. Bristling with the technology such at traction control, ride modes and lean-sensitive ABS, the 1090 ADVENTURE R shares much with the more powerful 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R. And even though its engine capacity is smaller, it’s still big on power - 125 HP in fact. There is no stopping the 1090 ADVENTURE R. The world is yours - Devour it.
2018 1090 ADVENTURE R Highlights
- Fully adjustable WP USD front forks with separate compression and rebound systems for offroad domination.
- Fully adjustable WP PDS (Progressive Damping System) rear monoshock for greater control and bottoming resistance.
- Tubeless 21- and 18-inch wheels fitted with Continental TKC 80 tires for excellent offroad performance with sure-foot street manners.
- Highly developed 125 HP LC8 V-Twin with dual-plug ignition, cutting-edge Keihin engine management, electronic fuel injection, Ride-by-Wire technology and slipper clutch.
- Motorcycle Stability Control (MSC) package with multi-mode Combined ABS, ride mode technology and multi-mode traction control (MTC)
- Four-mode traction control (MTC) including Sport, Street, Offroad and Rain settings allow the rider to fine tune the power application in any situation.
- Offroad ABS mode allows for dirt-specific ABS application on the front wheel while disengaging the rear ABS for brake slides and total control in the dirt.
- Strong trellis frame made from chrome-molybdenum steel for optimal handling on the street and in the dirt.
- Adjustable foot pegs, handle bars, and wind shield
- Integrated pannier mounts
Engine Type: 2-Cylinder, 4-Stroke, 75° V-Twin, DOHC
Displacement: 1050 cc
Bore/Stroke: 103/63 mm
Starter: Electric; 12V 8.6Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 52 mm Throttle Bodies
Lubrication: Pressure Lubrication, 3 Eaton Pumps
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: PASC Slipper Clutch, Hydraulically Operated
Ignition: Keihin EMS with Ride-By-Wire, Dual Ignition
Frame: Chrome-moly Steel Trellis
Subframe: Aluminum, Powder Coated
Handlebar: Aluminum, Tapered, Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP USD Ø 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP PDS Monoshock
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 220 mm/8.7 in; 220 mm/8.7 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 320 mm/287 mm
Front/Rear Wheels: 2,50 x 21”, 4.50 x 18”
Front/Rear Tires: 90/90-21”; 150/70-18”
Steering Head Angle: 26º
Wheelbase: 1,580mm ± 15 mm / 62.2 ± 0.6 in
Ground Clearance: 250 mm / 9.8 in
Seat Height: 890 mm / 35 in
Tank Capacity: 23 L / 6.1 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 214 kg/ 471.8 lbs